Indian Sweet and Spicy Drumsticks with Curcumall
This fragrant dish has an wonderfully complex flavor with an element of sweetness as well as spice. To develop a great texture, try finishing the drumsticks on the grill. Using Curcumall concentrated turmeric and curcumin adds a powerful boost to the taste, plus makes this dish super healthy.
½ cup soy sauce
1 Tbl Curcumall®
1 tsp cumin
4 tomatoes pureed (or 1/3 cup tomato sauce)
1/3 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
1 tsp mustard
10 chicken drumsticks
1 large onion, diced
3 Tbl canola oil
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1” pieces
1 red pepper –diced
- The evening before– Mix the marinade ingredients and add the drumsticks. Make sure the drumsticks are covered by marinade.
- Next day: Preheat oven to 375°. Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in the bottom of a sotage or dutch oven. Add diced onion and fry until golden. Add the diced pepper and continue to fry for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and carrots and mix.
- Add the drumsticks with the marinade and mix well.
- Bake covered at 375° F for 50 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 15 min –last 5 min. put on the grill.